Join our team
full time / negotiable pay
We’re looking for a new Assistant Restaurant Manager to help lead all aspects of our independent business.
The Assistant Manager’s responsibilities include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. You will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
You will help us to deliver a high-quality menu and motivate our staff to provide excellent customer service.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need management skills and experience in both front and back of the house. You will need to know how to oversee a busy and fast paced restaurant, manage bookings and balance the seating capacity.
Administrative management experience is also essential, as you’ll be expected to hire and train qualified Kitchen and FOH staff, set work schedules, oversee food and drink prep and make sure we comply with health and safety restaurant regulations.
We’ll expect you to lead by example and uplift the team during busy moments in a fast-paced environment.
Ultimately, you will ensure our restaurant runs smoothly and that every customer has pleasant dining experience!
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Kitchen operations
- Deliver superior service, maximize customer satisfaction and encourage return visits
- Keep us promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events)
- Respond efficiently and accurately to customer complaints and team issues
- Regularly review and report back on product quality and service standards
- Organize and supervise shifts
- Manage and respond to booking enquiries, ensure our seating capacity is met
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Estimate future needs for stock and consumables
- Ensure compliance and safety regulations and ensure high levels of cleanliness
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste and maximize profit
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth, restaurant events and reviews
- Regularly create and post engaging social media content
- Train new and current employees to meet high customer service practices
- Implement and develop policies and protocols that will maintain future operations
- Proven work experience as an Assistant Restaurant Manager or similar role
- Proven customer service experience as a manager
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge, with a strong understanding of health and safety protocols and procedures
- Familiarity with restaurant management procedures including stock control and staff rotaing
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- Experience of cash handling and financial management
- Experience of dealing with customer complaints and team training
- Ability to work confidently under pressure
- Friendly and welcoming customer approach
- All applicants must be available to work 40 hours a week including evenings, weekends and bank holidays